Are you looking for different ways to treat your Mum this Mother’s Day? With a little help from the Rewards Project, you can enjoy a healthy Mother’s Day that’s just as special!
Even though all restaurants are currently closed during lockdown, there are still ways you can create an eventful low-sugar dining experience for Mother’s Day.
If you are in a support bubble with your Mum, you can try rustling up a healthy but delicious three-course meal. You could cook a start, main and dessert together using our Kick Sugar cookbook. There’s nothing better than a home-made feast at home with loved ones.
More low-sugar tips for dining in:
- – Drink plenty of water
- – Avoid alcohol or try low-sugar/alcohol free options.
- – Try to avoid white bread/white rice/white potato/white pasta
- – Keep an eye on dressings and sauces, you’ll be surprised by some of the ingredients!
The Kick Sugar cookbook is filled with easy, fuss-free recipes that will improve your health and re-calibrate your taste-buds. You’ll be spoilt for choice once you’ve seen the options.
Get your copy of Kick Sugar here.
Non-food gift ideas
It’s always nice to receive gifts that aren’t related to food. Here is a list of fun and meaningful gifts that will last longer than a box of chocolates:
- – A Mother’s Day card.
- – Tickets to their favourite show ready for when lockdown eases.
- – Do the chores around the house if you live together or are in a support bubble.
- – A personalised photo frame.
- – Send a bouquet of her favourite flowers delivered straight to her doorstep.
- – A meaningful hand-written letter, signed, sealed and delivered.
- – Send them breakfast in bed.
- – Make a memory photo book.
- – Subscribe them to their favourite magazine.
- – A book from their favourite author.
- – A candle and a pair of cosy socks.
- – Book a virtual yoga or meditation class.
- – Create a birthday video from all of the family.
- – Book a group fitness class together for when the gyms are re-open.
- – A hygiene appointment at the dentists – (who doesn’t love sparkling clean teeth!?)
- – A copy of the Kick Sugar cookbook.
If you decide to treat your Mother to a copy of the Kick Sugar cookbook, don’t forget to TAG us on Instagram using the handle @rewardsproject. We hope you all enjoy celebrating.