Rewarding yourself as an adult may sound simple, but for many of us, we tend to reach for food-based treats first. Have you noticed how when you feel down you instantly think about chocolate or ice cream?
Society has drummed it into our minds that these things are what we need when we feel down or to help celebrate with.
The good news is that there are hundreds of healthy, non-food alternatives that you can use as rewards. It’s just a matter of spreading the word and implementing them regularly. You’ll soon see an improvement in your health too.
Take a look at these simple ideas below and get inspired!
- Treat yourself to a movie night with your friends/family.
- Read a book from your wish list.
- Enjoy a hot bubble bath.
- Host a games night.
- Connect with an old friend.
- Relax and have a lie-in.
- Re-organise your wardrobe. Then give your unwanted items to charity.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Create an at-home spa treatment – create salt scrubs and face masks with natural ingredients. You can find some great ideas here.
- Sign up for your favourite subscription box.
- Take a guilt-free nap.
- Go for a walk in nature.
- Take your dog for a walk or walk a friend/family members dog.
- Head to a yoga or meditation class.
- Spend time tidying up the garden.
- Take up a new sport or hobby.
- Have a picnic with family in your local park.
- Visit an art gallery or museum.
- Go to the cinema, opera or theatre. You can get tickets from just £15.
- Book a day out in the City.
- Praise yourself!
- Make yourself a nice hot drink without sugar or sweeteners.
- Spend your lunch break with a work colleague.
- Go for a refreshing walk on your lunch break.
Remember: The more you reward yourself with non-food rewards, the less sugar you’ll consume, meaning you’ll reawaken your taste buds and boost your health.
Find out more about how you can reduce your sugar cravings by clicking here.